Translate

Learning 2 Press

Saturday, October 10, 2009


As a Christian, I wish I could tell you that accepting Christ means your life will be easy. However, Sister Williams (from my Sunday School class), reminds me that suffering is a Christian’s training ground.

God has informed me, that obstacles are a scheduled part of our lives. He does not stop them from surfacing because they serve a purpose. As you’re going through your trials, please understand God wants the best for His children.

Trials and tribulations come not to hinder us. Instead it is one of God’s ways of getting our attention, so that He may draw us closer to Him. He breaks us down, so that He may lift us up. God exposes our weakness, so that He may strengthen us.
If you’re feeling weak through your trials, may the words of Jesus Christ comfort you…“ for my strength is made perfect in weakness” (II Corinthians 12:9 (KJV) We should not depend on our own strength to make it through. That’s what the Holy Spirit is for. Independent thinking will lead you astray. Philippians 4:13 (KJV) says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” I know when we are facing obstacles, we tend to depend on the things that are tangible, but this is where we have to put our belief in God’s abilities into action!

Remember God is more than aware of our situation, He knows our way out. David knew, “when my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.” Psalm 142:3a (KJV); “The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me” Psalm 138:8a (KJV)
I will never forget the day God released me and gave me a new perspective. It was the shortest Worship Service my church had. Service started at 10:45am and ended at 12pm (if that). Pastor didn’t even have to preach, the Holy Spirit just took control.

He whispered to me soft and gentle, Experience.

"Experience what?”

What have you been reading?

“Joshua?… I don’t understand.”

I’m leading you to your River Jordon, so you can experience crossing it through steps of faith. I’m taking you to your Wall of Jericho, so you can experience victory through shouts of praise. While you’re in the mist of danger I want you to understand, the Son will shine on you until you reach your destination.

What an Awesome God!

2 comments :

Samantha Sophia said...

That is so true! Suffering breads appreciation, growth and even understanding.

I want to say that I don't think you mean that simply "independent thinking will lead you astray" because we must use the discernment given to us by God. But, instead that "thought independent of GOD will lead you astray". Correct me if I am wrong.

CurvesByDesign said...

You're right, I can do nothing apart from God and expect it to be a success.

Post a Comment

Hi ... Feel free to share =)