Translate

Help In The Time Of Trouble

Friday, April 5, 2013


 
As a Christian, I wish I could tell you that accepting Christ means your life will be easier.  However, Sister Williams (from my Sunday School class), reminded me that suffering is a Christian’s training ground.   

Obstacles are a scheduled part of our lives.  God does not stop them from surfacing because they serve a purpose.  As you’re going through life, trials and tribulations come not to hinder us.  Instead it is one of God’s ways of getting our attention, so that we may draw us closer to Him.  

If you’re feeling weak through your trials, may the words of Jesus Christ comfort you…“for my strength is made perfect in weakness” (II Corinthians 12:9 (KJV).  We should not depend on our own strength to make it through.  That’s what the Holy Spirit is for.  Independent thinking will lead you astray.  Philippians 4:13 (KJV) says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”  I know when we are facing obstacles, we tend to depend on the things that are tangible, but this is where we have to put our belief in God’s abilities into action!
~E~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi ... Feel free to share =)