Translate

Perseverance is the key!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

When I was in college my freshman and sophomore years I had to take several prerequisites in order to get accepted into my major. After that, I was able to get into a concentrated field of study that I enjoyed.

I started school with many friends full of enthusiasm and ready to embark on a new adventure that would end of shaping the rest of their lives. Sad to say some of my friend's adventures never came to be. Their hopes and dreams remained a thought and nothing more.

Several of my college prerequisite courses were nothing more than weed out class. The work was a little challenging, the reading was tedious, and the idea of skipping class was appealing. At one point I found myself lost and I felt completing my degree was a distant vision.

The difference maker was WORKING persistence. It was not enough to want, wish, and hope for something. Some days we want to achieve more than others. However, more than desiring something we have to make it a habit to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Everyone hits a plateau in different areas of their lives. We must not let that stop us from reaching our desired goals.

So lets keep it moving. Progress IS progress no matter how great or small. Of course we want to get there in one leap but we should not let the work involved stop or discourage our momentum. Don't let anything or anyone derail you from your God given purpose! If it was easy then everyone would have made it through those weed out classes. Find what will make a difference in reaching your goals and purpose then keep working at it. Each day your progress will add on to the day before and before you know it ... You're there!
~E~








No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi ... Feel free to share =)