Translate

What are you THINKING?

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

By Ericka Delismé

Proverbs 4:23 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
“Carefully guard your thoughts because they are the source of true life.”

You are what you think. That’s why we have to start with the mind. There’s an old saying “Get the mind, whip the behind.”

On Easter Sunday, my pastor talked about being locked in a room with all the doors left open. It sounds silly but sometimes the doors to our goals and dreams are open waiting for us to walk through. The only thing stopping us from walking through is our thoughts and perspective about what’s going to be on the other side of that gateway.

That’s when I usually find myself asking, “Am I strong enough? Am I smart enough? Am I outgoing enough? Can I really do it?” Well this is what I’ve discovered … The journey through the uncertain gateway answers those questions! Prior to that journey are questions but after going through that journey are absolute answers.

It has been through the journey that I found out I am stronger, smarter, and can totally do it. Life doesn’t get better by doing the same old things over and over. It’s the new experiences that challenge us and makes us grow, learn, and change for better.

Cars, apps, and phones are not the only things at need an upgrade or new model released every year. We too have to evolve and upgrade. God is not the god of complacency. So redefine your perspectives and dive into an improved version of yourself.
~E~

Proverbs 4:23 King James Version (KJV)
“Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”

Proverbs 4:23 Amplified Bible (AMP)
“Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi ... Feel free to share =)